The AWANA club for children in kindergarten through second grade builds on the material taught in our preschool clubs. The curriculum takes kids a step deeper into God’s Word while giving unsaved boys and girls regular opportunities to hear the gospel and come to faith in Jesus Christ. After being immersed in solid foundational teaching at the preschool level, boys and girls frequently come to an understanding of their need to trust Christ as Savior while in Sparks.
Immersing Kids in God’s Word
The Sparks program is firmly grounded in Scripture. The three handbooks feature:
- Basic truths about God, Jesus Christ, salvation and the Bible.
- A clear and consistent presentation of the gospel message.
- An increased emphasis on Scripture memory over our preschool materials.
In three years, a child will learn and review over 65 verses, many of which cover salvation and key Christian doctrine.
Fun Learning = Results
Sparks club meetings combine learning with fun to create an atmosphere of irresistible excitement for churched and unchurched kids alike. Club meetings are divided into three segments:
- Bible teaching, worship, award presentations and the gospel message.
- Small group interaction and completion of Bible-based lessons.
- Age-appropriate games on the AWANA game circle.
Along the way, Sparky, the friendly firefly, and his three friends have many exciting adventures. Sparky encourages kids to learn verses and complete assignments throughout the three handbooks.
Sparks curriculum is comprised of three handbooks. Each handbook communicates spiritual truths through memory verse drills, crafts, activities and review of key doctrine, Bible facts and verses.
|Cubbies – 3 & 4 year olds||Sparks – Grades K, 1 & 2||Truth & Training – Grades 3-6|