AWANA Truth & Training
The name Truth & Training reflects the passion of AWANA to teach third through sixth grade boys and girls the truth of God’s Word and to train them to follow Christ in their daily lives. Our vision is that many of today’s young people will become tomorrow’s church leaders. T&T is the program that trains the leaders of tomorrow – today.
Exciting features to get kids excited about God’s Word
T&T is equipped with a variety of dynamic tools to accomplish this mission:
- Four handbooks of increasing difficulty which teach children that life’s ultimate adventure is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A cast of fun characters that boys and girls learn from and follow on interesting journeys in the handbooks.
- Weekly meetings that expose children to the gospel message, Scripture memory, Bible study, awards, team-oriented games and gut-busting fun.
- A Bible-centered curriculum that helps kids build a firm foundation for their faith, hide God’s Word in their heart and apply the truths of Scripture to their daily lives.
Evangelism and discipleship go hand in hand in our third through sixth grade program. By the time a child has completed T&T, he will have:
- Learned and reviewed approximately 310 verses.
- Studied dozens of passages from the Old and New Testament.
- Regularly heard and read the gospel message.
- Discovered the Bible’s response to questions like “How does God want me to live my life?” and memorized verses to back up these answers.
Each of the four handbooks in our Truth & Training clubs investigates four questions. Eight answers from the Bible are provided for each question. Children will learn all eight answers to each of the questions and verses to back up these answers. The handbooks also include Bible studies and activities that allow children to delve into the subject matter. Besides this curriculum, children can complete more challenging extra-credit sections throughout each handbook to earn special awards. Before beginning work in a handbook, newcomers to T&T must complete a short booklet that explains God’s plan of salvation.
|Cubbies – 3 & 4 year olds||Sparks – Grades K, 1 & 2||Truth & Training – Grades 3-6|